Pneumonia - a serious health problem. One of the most common infectious diseases. Important cause of mortality and morbidity worldwide. Community – acquired pneumonia is the sixth cause of death worldwide. Increased incidence of pneumonia with increasing age.
- Know the causative organisms in CAP
- Define community-acquired versus hospital-acquired versus healthcare-associated pneumonia
- Describe the various clinical presentations of pneumonia
- Discuss the role of radiologic and laboratory evaluation in the diagnosis of pneumonia
- Recognize the differential diagnosis of pneumonia
- Understand the clinical criteria for inpatient versus outpatient therapy
- Learn the management of pneumonia including the best choices for empiric antibiotic administration
- Learn about the complications and follow-up of pneumonia.
|Attachment||Date||Size||Availability [?]||Clinically sensitive [?]||Licence|
citation: Štrbová Zuzana: Pneumonia for students. Multimedia support in the education of clinical and health care disciplines :: Portal of Faculty of Medicine, Comenius University [online] , [cit. 24. 10. 2020]. Available from WWW: https://portal.fmed.uniba.sk/articles.php?aid=407. ISSN 1337-9577.